|Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas with Carrots and Honey Glaze|
The fresh, summery flavor of sugar snap peas is set off by the sweetness of lightly cooked carrots and a honey glaze. Sweet simplicity. Friend of the Farm.
- 1/2–1 pound sugar snap peas
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the strings from both edges of the pea pods (start by gently pulling from the stem).
- Cut each carrot into thirds. Slice each third, lengthwise, into quarters so that the slices are about the size and shape of the sugar snap peas.
- Place the carrots in a steamer basket set over 11/2 inches boiling water, cover, and steam until they are just crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the carrots in a colander.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sugar snap peas; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the carrots. Continue to cook and stir until the peas are bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the honey and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly, until the peas and carrots are thoroughly glazed with the honey.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Season generously with pepper.