Peaches in Red Raspberry Sauce
Recipe type: Dessert
Oh, this looks like one of the most decadent and delicious fruit desserts I have ever seen. And it is easy to prepare! It’s from Joanne Harris’s cookbook The French Market, which is available at Jessica’s Biscuit: http://www.ecookbooks.com/p-8431-the-french-market-more-recipes-fr.aspx
- 6 ripe peaches
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Plunge the peaches in a pot of boiling water for 40 seconds.
- Drain, cool for a few seconds, and peel off the skin with a paring knife.
- Cut each peach in half and remove the pit.
- Place each peach in its own serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate to chill.
- Puree the raspberries and sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a blender, and then rub through a fine wire sieve to remove the seeds.
- Pour the raspberry sauce over the peaches, sprinkle with almonds, and serve chilled.