EASY VEGGIE GOAT CHEESE FRITTATA
As published athttps://24carrotlife.com/2016/03/29/easy-veggie-goat-cheese-frittata/
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups of fresh kale or spinach or 1 and 1/2 cups frozen spinach or kale, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped (cut off the roots and use the white and green parts)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese or cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn and kale and sauté for about 5 minutes until hot throughout. Add the green onions, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, then add the vegetables from the skillet. Crumble the goat cheese into the egg/veggie mix and stir to combine, then pour into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until lightly browned and the center is nearly set so a toothpick inserted comes out clean. The frittata will puff while baking, then settle a bit as it cools.
- Let sit 5 minutes then serve warm or at room temperature.
Ingredients available the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 5/6:
-Kale is available at both Blueberry Hill Farms and Clifford Family Farms
-Spinach is available at Blueberry Hill Farm
-Goat cheese is available at Amazing Acres Goat Dairy
-Eggs are available at Lindenhof Farm
-Cheddar cheese available at Conebella Farm