As published athttps://healthstartsinthekitchen.com/bake-take-breakfast-sausage-kale-omelets-jar/
- 6- wide-mouth, 1/2 Pint canning jars
- avocado oil spray
- 3 ounces pork sausage
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons Ghee butter or coconut oil
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 wedge lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 large eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare jars by lightly spraying with avocado oil and placing on a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink. Remove from skillet, drain and set aside.
- In the same (dirty) skillet, cook kale, onion and garlic in ghee over medium heat until soft and cooked through. Season with a pinch of sea salt & black pepper, crushed red pepper and lemon juice. Remove from heat.
- Add sausage to kale mixture and mix well. Divide between prepared jars and top with shredded cheese.
- Season beaten eggs with sea salt and pepper. Divide between jars and using a fork lightly mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until cooked through*.
- Allow to cool completely, then cover with a lid and refrigerate. Reheat for a quick, make-ahead breakfast.
Ingredients available the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 5/27:
-Kale is available at Blueberry Hill Farms
-Eggs and sausage are available at Lindenhof Farm
-Cheddar cheese is available at Conebella Farm