GRILLED DESSERT PIZZAAs published at https://www.baking-sense.com/2016/05/22/grilled-dessert-pizza-sundaysupper/
- 1/2 recipe Pizza Dough
HONEY LIME BUTTER
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lime, grated zest and juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
HONEY LIME YOGURT SAUCE
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pound strawberries, washed, hulled and cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- mint leaves, chopped if they are very big
- Make the pizza dough according to the recipe.
- To make the Honey Lime Butter combine all the ingredients. To make the Honey Lime Yogurt Sauce combine all the ingredients and refrigerate until the pizza is ready.
- Combine the chopped strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar and allow to macerate for at least 30 minutes.
- You can grill the pizza dough or bake the pizza in the oven. Start the pizza without any toppings.
- Grill or bake the pizza until the top of the dough is baked but still pale before adding the toppings.
- Brush the the crust liberally with the Honey Lime Butter. Sprinkle the chopped strawberries evenly over the dough, leave excess juice in the bowl. Sprinkle the raspberries and mint leaves over the strawberries. Drizzle a little more of the Honey Lime butter over the toppings.
- Remove the pizza from the grill or oven with a wooden pizza peel once the bottom is browned and the toppings are warm.
- Serve the pizza drizzled with Honey Lime Yogurt Sauce.
Ingredients available the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 6/24:
-Pizza dough available from Deer Creek Malt
-Butter and Greek yogurt available from Conebella Farm
-Strawberries and raspberries available from Blueberry Hill Farm