As published at https://www.billyparisi.com/roast-spatchcock-chicken-recipe-with-lemon-and-herbs/
- 3 tablespoons each finely minced fresh parsley chives, thyme, rosemary and oregano
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup of olive oil + 2 tablespoons
- 1 whole chicken backbone removed
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Chicken: In a medium size bowl whisk together the herbs, garlic, lemon and olive oil until combined to make a chimichurri style sauce and set aside.
- Place the flattened chicken on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and cover it on all sides with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper, and ½ of lemon herb sauce. Bake skin side up for 50 minutes.
- After 25 minutes turn the chicken pan around so that it cooks evenly on all sides.
- After the 50 minutes is up turn the heat up to 425° and cook for 15 more minutes or until the skin is golden brown and cooked throughout.
- To Serve: Serve the chicken with the remaining lemon herb sauce and optional garnishes like micro-greens and goat cheese.
Ingredients available the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 7/1:
-Spatchcock chicken available from Lindenhof Farm
-Garlic available from North Star Orchard
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Microgreens available from Solrig Farm