As published at https://culturecheesemag.com/recipes/grilled-vegetable-salad-vermont-creamery-crumbled-goat-cheese
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, thickly sliced
- ½ red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 large bell peppers
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese, classic
- Fresh herbs, optional
1. Whisk lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl until combined. Add cilantro and garlic and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
1. Toss zucchini, squash, eggplant, onion, corn, and peppers with ⅛ cup olive oil in a large bowl. Grill over medium-heat until tender and lightly charred, about 5 to 7 minutes for the zucchini, squash, and eggplant, and about 8 to 10 minutes for the peppers, onion, and corn. Remove from heat.
2. Slice grilled peppers into large chunks and cut corn kernels from cobs.
3. Arrange all vegetables on a large platter. Top with crumbled goat cheese. Pour dressing over vegetables and sprinkle with fresh herbs, if desired.
Ingredients available the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 7/22:
-Zucchini and squash available from Clifford Family Farm
-Eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes available from North Star Orchard
-Basil, tomatoes, onion, corn and peppers available from Blueberry Hill
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres