As published at https://francoisekitchen.com/orzo-salad-with-grilled-vegetables/
- 1 eggplant diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 to 2 green zucchini diced
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 200 g – 250g orzo (1 cup – 1 1/4 cup)
- a handful of basil
- a handful of flat parsley
- Olive oil
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp honey or agave
- salt and pepper
1. Cook the orzo according to the package and let it cool in a salad bowl. Add a little quantity of oil just to avoid orzo pasta sticking together and give it a little toss.
2. In a pan (to go faster I use 3 pans) add some olive oil and cook each vegetable separately (eggplant, red bell pepper, zucchini and onion) until they are lightly brown. Salt and pepper each vegetable. When it is done add them to the salad bowl.
3. For the dressing combine salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, honey/agave, and add the olive oil. Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
4. Finely cut basil and parsley and add it to the salad.
5. You can eat this salad at room temperature or keep it in a fridge a few hours.
Ingredients available the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 7/15:
-Peppers and eggplant available from Clifford Family Farm
-Eggplant and onions available from North Star Orchard
-Zucchini, red onion and basil available from Blueberry Hill
-Honey available from New-Bee Ranch