As published at http://www.sumptuousspoonfuls.com/chicken-bacon-apple-fig-pizza/
- 1/2 – 3/4 of apple, sliced very thin
- 2 – 3 fresh figs
- A bit of real maple syrup
- A bit of balsamic vinegar
- 1 large flour tortilla (for the “crust”)
- Shredded Italian blend of cheeses
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons chopped cooked chicken
- 1 slice bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 – 4 Tablespoons of goat cheese crumbles
- Several very thin slices of sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- A few fresh rosemary leaves, chopped fine
- A sprig of fresh thyme leaves
- A few zucchini ribbons (made by “slicing” zucchini with vegetable peeler, optional)
1. Put your pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a small baking pan with a lip with cooking spray, then lay the apple slices on one side and the figs on the other. Brush the apple slices with maple syrup and drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over the figs. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the figs and apples are tender.
2. Set the oven temp to 450 F. When it is hot, slide the tortilla directly on the stone. Bake for about 5 minutes or until the tortilla starts to get crisp. Remove from oven by sliding onto a pizza peel or cutting board and flip over. Sprinkle the tortilla with shredded cheese, then arrange the apple slices and figs around the tortilla. Sprinkle with chopped chicken and bacon, then add the onion slices and goat cheese. Sprinkle it all with the herbs and top with a few zucchini ribbons.
3. Bake at 450 F. for about 5 – 7 minutes or until the goat cheese is melted and the edges are brown.
4. Slice and serve immediately.
Ingredients available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 8/26:
-Apples available from North Star Orchard
-Maple syrup available from Ridge Valley
-Chicken and bacon available from Lindenhof Farm
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Zucchini available fro Blueberry Hill or Clifford Family Farm