As published at https://ediblenashville.ediblecommunities.com/recipes/white-turkey-chili-barley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed, ground
- 1/2 cup barley 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups leftover turkey (or chicken )
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups arugula or spinach
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat oilve oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add onion and garlic, saute 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, cumin, pickled jalapenos (or pepperocini) salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until turkey is cooked.
- Add barley, garbanzos and chicken stock. SImmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Add turkey or chicken, and greens of any kind parsley, arugula, spinach,if desired. Serve topped with cheese.
Ingredients available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 10/14:
-Onion, garlic, and arugula available from Blueberry Hill Farm
-Onion and arugula available from Clifford Family Farm
-Cheddar Cheese available from Conebella Farm
-Turkey and chicken stock available from Lindenhof Farm