As published at https://www.thevintagemixer.com/butternut-squash-and-brussels-sprout-galette-with-goat-cheese/
- 1 pie crust
- 12 oz butternut squash, cut into 1/4 in cubes)
- 1 cup shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, I use rosemary, thyme and oregano
- 1 egg for egg wash on the crust
INSTRUCTIONSFor the Roasted Squash and Brussels:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Slice peeled and seeded squash into 1/4 inch cubes and slice brussels into thin slices. In two separate bowls, toss squash and with half of the oil and half of the salt and pepper and brussels with the other half of oil and seasonings. Roast squash for 15 minutes then add brussels and roast another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
For the Galette:
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss roasted veggies with goat cheese and herbs. Adjust seasonings to taste (adding salt if needed).
- On a well floured surface, roll out the pie crust to about a 9 inch diameter. Use flour as needed so that the crust doesn’t stick to the surface. Transfer the pie crust to the parchment paper to build the galette. Pile the veggies on top of the rolled out dough and fold up the edges. Brush the top folded edges of the galette with an egg wash.
- Place the galette in the oven for 40-50 minutes at 375 or until the crust is golden brown. Serve warm.
Ingredients available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 11/18:
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Butternut squash, brussels sprouts available from Blueberry Hill Farm
-Eggs available from Lindenhof Farm