As published at https://www.flavourandsavour.com/winter-citrus-salad-arugula-goat-cheese/
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 5 tbsp white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 large navel oranges
- 3 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh baby arugula
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, or lemon-infused olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 – 3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese, or ricotta or feta
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- Put sliced onion in a small bowl with 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Remove peel and pith from oranges and slice into rounds.
- Arrange on a platter or on individual serving plates.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves.
- Drain red onion, discard vinegar and scatter onion on oranges.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and remaining 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Add to salad.
- Garnish with crumbled cheese and flaked almonds and serve immediately.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 1/23:
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Arugula available from Clifford Family Farm