- 3 tbsp Pickle Monster Hot Sauce
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- 2-½ tbs Mayo or Veganaise
- 1-½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 pound peeled Lions Mane mushrooms
- Vegetable or stir fry oil for cooking
For the crab cakes:
- Combine Pickle Monster, dill, egg, mayo, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, old bay, and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add bread crumbs and Lions Mane and gently fold the mixture together until combined. Shape into 6-8 mushroom cakes and place on a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to help them set.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium heat and coat with oil.
- Once hot, place the mushroom cakes in the pan and cook until golden brown for 3-5 minutes on each side. Now you’re ready to eat!
For the Pickle Monster tartar sauce:
In a small small bowl, whisk together Pickle Monster, Mayo, old bay, salt, pepper, and dill. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 6/30:
-Parsley available from Blueberry Hill
-Lion’s Mane Mushrooms available from Forest Floor Mushrooms
-Eggs available from Lindenhof Farm
-Pickle Monster Hot Sauce available from Pickle Monster