- 2 – 1 1/2 inch thick Pork Chops
- 2 Gala apples, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to season
- First you will want to start with a good pan. I like my cast iron as it sears the chops perfectly.
- Place the pork chops into the pan and season with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Sear on one side for roughly 6-7 minutes per side. If your chop is thinner the time may be less and thicker more!
- Once the chops have browned nicely, remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add in the diced gala apples, sliced onion and 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Saute all together till the apples and onions are soft.
- Then add the nutmeg. Toss to coat, and remove from the pan.
- Lastly add 2 tbsp of water to the pan along with 3 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Simmer on low heat, adding in the pork chops, flip once to coat them.
- Add back in the apples and onions and simmer one more minute.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 7/28:
-Onions available from Blueberry Hill
-Onions available from Clifford Farm
-Pork chops available from Lindenhof
-Apples available from North Star
-Maple syrup available from Ridge Valley