As published at https://homeiswheretheboatis.net/2020/02/19/cinnamon-swirl-apple-fritter-bread/
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup +2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 – 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper, with ends hanging over edge of pan. Spray parchment with nonstick spray.
- Mix brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl; set aside. Toss apples with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and remaining teaspoon cinnamon in another bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and remaining 2/3 cup granulated sugar together with mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time; add vanilla extract.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in another bowl, then add to creamed butter mixture and beat until blended. Mix 1/2 cup milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the chopped apple mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of apple layer.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a knife.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. Watch bread and cover with foil during last 10 minutes of baking time to prevent overbrowning if needed.
- Let loaf rest in pan for 15 minutes , then remove from pan using edge of parchment and place on wire rack to cool completely.
To Make Glaze
- Mix powdered sugar with remaining 1 to 3 tablespoons milk, thinned to desired consistency.
- Drizzle bread with glaze.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 9/1:-Butter available from Conebella Farm-Eggs available from Lindenhof Farm-Apples available from North Star Orchard