- 1 baguette sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Coarse black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1-2 apples Fuji or granny smith work great!
- 1/4 cup walnuts diced
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- Preheat oven to broiler setting.
- First, drizzle baguette slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook until the broiler for about 1 minute per side until brown.
- Meanwhile, slice the apple into thin slices.
- Once the bread is ready, immediately rub on garlic.
- Let cool slightly, and spread with goat cheese and sprinkle with red chili pepper flakes if desired. I desired!
- Top with apple slices, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, and honey.
- You can toast the bread a day ahead of time, but assemble right before noshing!
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 9/8:
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Garlic available from Blueberry Hill
-Apples available from North Star Orchard
-Honey available from New-Bee Ranch