As published at https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/simple-summer-tomato-pesto-grilled-corn-gnocchi/
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- kosher salt + pepper
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped or grated
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1 zucchini or yellow summer squash peeled into ribbons
- 2 ears grilled corn kernels removed from the cob
- 1 cup fresh basil roughly torn
- 6 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2-3 poached eggs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper to a baking dish. Toss well, making sure the tomatoes are coated in olive oil. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until the tomatoes collapse. Remove, and allow the tomatoes to cool slightly.
- Add half of the tomatoes (reserving the remaining tomatoes for tossing with the gnocchi) and both cloves of garlic to a food processor along with the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and the toasted walnuts. Pulse until mostly smooth. Add the lemon zest, crushed red pepper, and parmesan, pulse to combine. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the gnocchi according to package directions. Before you drain the gnocchi scoop out about 1/2 cup pasta water, drain the gnocchi well, and then add it back to the hot pot. To the gnocchi, add the zucchini and give it a good toss. Next add about half of the tomato pesto and toss, adding more pesto if desired (you may not use all of the pesto). Stir in the reserved roasted tomatoes, grilled corn and basil. If needed, thin the gnocchi sauce with the reserved pasta water.
- Divide the hot gnocchi among plates and top with feta cheese and a poached egg. Sprinkle the egg with salt + pepper. EAT!
- PS. I like to break the egg and then toss it with the gnocchi, it creates a carbonara-like gnocchi!
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 9/15:
-Cherry tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, corn, basil, and garlic available from Blueberry Hill
-Cherry tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash and garlic available from Clifford Family Farm
-Eggs available from Lindenhof Farm
-Garlic and corn available from North Star Orchard