As published at https://britneybreaksbread.com/apple-bacon-and-cheddar-grilled-cheese/
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Mayo
- 2 tsp Everything But The Bagel seasoning
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 leaves Fresh Sage, chopped
- 6-8 slices Bacon
- 1 Fuji Apple, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 3-4 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 4 tbsps Salted Butter
- Sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. Cook bacon on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Increase oven temperature to 400 °F.
- In a small bowl, mix together dijon mustard, mayo, everything but the bagel seasoning, honey and freshly chopped sage leaves. Add a pinch of salt and stir together.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the dijon mixture to two slices of sourdough bread. Sprinkle cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top (add as much or as little as desired). Place 3-4 slices of bacon and 5-6 slices of apple on top of cheese. Sprinkle 1-2 thyme leaves on top. Push sandwich together and place on an oven safe skillet/frypan. Add 1 tbsp of butter on top of the bread and place 1 tbsp on butter in the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is visibly melted. \
- Remove pan from the oven and bring to the stove top over medium high heat. Add additional butter and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 10/27:-Cheddar cheese, mozzarella and butter available from Conebella Farm-Sourdough bread available from Crusty Delight-Bacon available from Lindenhof Farm-Apples available from North Star Orchard-Honey available from New-Bee Ranch