As published at https://cooknourishbliss.com/2015/09/16/apple-bratwurst-pizza/
- 1 ball of your favorite pizza dough
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small apple, cored and sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 links cooked bratwurst, sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 500ºF. Place a pizza stone in the oven and allow the stone to heat for at least 15 to 20 minutes (if you can do 30, even better!).
- Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and allow the dough to relax for about 10 minutes (but no longer than 30).
- Roll out and shape the dough and then transfer to a piece of parchment the size of your pizza stone that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal.
- Lightly brush the pizza dough all over with the olive oil. Sprinkle the dough with the mozzarella, then top with the apple, onion, bratwurst and goat cheese.
- Transfer to the oven (put the parchment paper with the pizza directly on the pizza stone). Bake for about 11 to 14 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Drizzle lightly with the balsamic glaze. Slice and serve.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 10/6:
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Red onion available from Blueberry Farm
-Red onion available from Clifford Family Farm
-Cornmeal available from Deer Creek Malthouse
-Bratwurst available from Lindenhof Farm
-Apples available from North Star Orchard