- 1 baguette sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Coarse black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1-2 apples Fuji or granny smith work great!
- 1/4 cup walnuts diced
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- 1. Preheat oven to broiler setting.
- 2. First, drizzle baguette slices with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook until the broiler for about 1 minute per side until brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, slice apple into thin slices.
- 4. Once the bread is ready, immediately rub on garlic.
- 5. Let cool slightly, and spread with goat cheese and sprinkle with red chili pepper flakes if desired. I desired!
- 6. Top with apple slices, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and honey.
- 7. You can toast the bread a day ahead of time, but assemble right before noshing!
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 3/26:
–Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Honey available from New-Bee Ranch