As published at https://lifemadesimplebakes.com/bbq-ham-pineapple-pizza/
For the Dough
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Toppings
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese grated, divided
- 2/3 cup ham cubed
- 5 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Make dough according to the recipe’s directions (or use store-bought dough); set aside
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a 14-inch circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined pizza pan. Fold over the extra inch of dough to form the crust, pressing to seal. Brush with olive oil. Dock the center of the pizza with a fork to prevent large bubbles from forming. Place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Spread the BBQ sauce over top, then half of the mozzarella cheese. Add the ham, bacon and pineapple tidbits, then top with remaining mozzarella and the sliced red onion (however much you prefer)
- Place in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes. Allow to cool for 2-3 additional minutes, then cut and serve.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 4/9:
–Mozzarella cheese available from Conebella Farm
-Pizza dough available from Crusty Delight
-Ham and bacon available from Lindenhof Farm