For the salad:
- Microgreens and edible flowers
- Roasted yellow beets, thinly sliced
For the dressing (makes 1 ¾ cups):
- 1 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon (scant ¼ cup)
- 1 small clove garlic, grated (about ¼ teaspoon)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Blend the parsley, scallions, sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, garlic and salt to desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Combine greens. Fold in beets and place in salad bowls.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with flowers.
- Recipe adapted from Desiree Currie, What’s in Season with Des
- Any remaining dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel beets. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Wrap in foil. Roast for 20 minutes. Allow to cool and then slice thinly. A mandoline (I use this one) makes slicing easy.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 5/4:
–Arugula available from Blueberry Hill Farm
-Microgreens available from Philly Phoods