As published at https://joeats.net/home/zucchini-goat-cheese-pasta/
- 3T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 lbs zucchini (about 3 medium), grated on the largest holes of box grater
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 lb dried pasta, short shapes are best
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, like chevre
- 1/2 C chopped parsley (or other tender herb)
- Zest and juice of one lemon
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the zucchini and salt. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, making sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pan (lowering the heat if it does). Until most of the liquid that the zucchini leaches out has been evaporated and the zucchini takes on a jammy consistency. Set aside.
Boil the pasta in a large pot of heavily salted water until just al dente. Reserve about a cup of the water and drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the pan with zucchini butter and toss with half of the reserved pasta cooking liquid over medium heat. Add the goat cheese, parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir to combine, adding more pasta water if necessary.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 6/29:
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Zucchini available from Blueberry Hill