As published at https://umamigirl.com/garlic-scape-hummus/#mv-creation-258-jtr
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup thinly sliced garlic scapes OR 4 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoons fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender, with the liquids on the bottom.
- 2. Blend until completely smooth.
- 3. If you like, you can dress it up for a party by swirling it with the back of a spoon and garnishing with some olive oil, flaky sea salt, paprika, and thinly sliced scapes (or herbs of your choice).
- -With the full amount of lemon juice, this recipe is very tangy. We love it that way, but you can halve the lemon juice if you’d prefer less.
- -If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you can make this recipe in a food processor — but the result won’t be as light and creamy.
- -Hummus keeps tightly sealed in the fridge for a week.
- -Serve with yummy sourdough bread for dipping.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 6/15:
-Garlic scapes available from Blueberry Hill
-Sourdough bread available from Crusty Delight