As published at https://minimalistbaker.com/apple-pecan-arugula-salad/
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 7 ounces arugula (organic when possible)
- 2 small apples (1 tart, 1 sweet // peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise)
- 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 large lemon, juiced (1 lemon yields ~3 Tbsp or 45 ml)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and arrange pecans on a bare baking sheet.
- 2. Bake pecans for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant and deep golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 3. While pecans are toasting, prep remaining salad ingredients and add to a large mixing bowl.
- 4. Prepare dressing in a mixing bowl or mason jar by adding all ingredients and whisking or shaking vigorously to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- 5. Add pecans to salad and top with dressing. Toss to combine and serve immediately. Serves two as an entrée and 4 as a side (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering default number of servings).
- 6. Store leftovers (dressing separate from salad) covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days (though best when fresh). Dressing should keep at room temperature for 2-3 days when well sealed.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 11/9:
-Arugula and onions available from Blueberry Hill Farm
-Apples available from North Star Orchard
-Maple syrup available from Ridge Valley