As published at https://www.weelicious.com/apple-sausage-stuffing-bites/
- 1/2 baguette cut into 1/2 inch cubes, about 4 cups
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 2 sweet apple sausage links, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 medium apple, chopped (gala, fuji, or golden delicious)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced, about 1 cup
- 2 celery stalks, diced, about 3/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 300F.
- 2. Toast the bread cubes for 8-10 minutes to dry them out. Alternatively, you can use day old bread that is already dried out.
- 3. Increase oven temperature to 350F.
- 4. Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add the sausage, apples, onions and celery, and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until everything is heated through and the veggies are tender*. Allow to cool a few minutes before continuing.
- 5. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss to thoroughly combine.
- 6. Spoon the stuffing mixture into greased muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Pat the mixture down to pack it well.
- 7. Bake for 45 minutes.
- *Note: If you’re using sausage that is not fully cooked, sauté it for 4 minutes before adding the oil and the remaining ingredients.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 11/16:
-Onions available from Blueberry Hill Farm
-Sausage, eggs and chicken stock available from Lindenhof Farm
-Apples available from North Star Orchard