Recipe from https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/applewood-smoked-mango-pork-quesadillas/
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.7 pounds Pork Loin Filet cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder more or less to your taste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 inch flour tortillas 6-8
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled + diced
- 1 cup cooked rice or quinoa
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
CHERRY TOMATO SALSA
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno seeded + chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the pork and season with chipotle chili pepper and paprika. Cook, stirring often until the pork is browned all over, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat. Remove the pork to a plate.
- Using the same skillet, over medium heat, add a bit of olive oil. Place 4 tortillas down on a clean counter, sprinkle each with shredded cheddar cheese, then evenly distribute the rice, and top with the chopped mango pieces. Now add the pork, cut into small bite size pieces. Sprinkle with a little more of the cheese. Place the tortilla onto the hot griddle or skillet and cover with the other tortilla. Cook until the bottom is crispy and golden brown, then gently flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Serve with the tomato salsa and sliced avocado.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and gently toss. Taste and season with salt if needed.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 3/22:
-Cheese available from Conebella Farm
-Pork loin filet available from Lindenhof Farm