Recipe from https://whatsgabycooking.com/wprm_print/47151
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup olive oil, plus more for coating the pan (use a neutral flavored olive oil)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh figs or other seasonal fruit
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, olive oil, honey, and lemon zest. Add the eggs and stir to combine. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) and stir until the batter is smooth – making sure not to overmix. Just mix until the dry ingredients are JUST incorporated.
- Pour the batter to the prepared cake pan, and gently tap on the counter to release any air bubbles. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and a sharp knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a cooling rack and let it cool for at least 10 minutes. Once slightly cooled, remove the cake from the pan. Invert the cake onto a plate and then flip it back onto a serving plate so it’s right side up.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the glaze, powdered sugar, yogurt and lemon juice. Drizzle on top of the cake and let set. Serve warm or at room temperature with fresh figs (or any other seasonal fruit) on top and tons of drizzled honey. Serve.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 4/19:
-Greek yogurt available from Conebella Farm
-Honey available from New-Bee Ranch