Recipe Type: Sauce
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1-2 cups chopped cilantro, keep some aside for garnish
- Garlic and black pepper to taste
- 2-4 fresh jalapeno chillis
- Unsalted sunflower seeds to thicken mixture
- Mix in blender and then swirl on top of the soup in individual bowls.
- Substitute vegetable, chicken or beef stock for the coconut milk.
- Omit the peanut butter, chilli, and middle-eastern seasonings and use sage and white pepper instead, pick out sage leaves, put through the blender, and use a swirl of cream or yoghurt at the end to consolidate the texture. A roasted-red pepper topping would be good with this (same as above topping recipe except use roasted red peppers in place of chili and cilantro).
- Other thickeners can be used: day old rice, etc. A nice version might be made with Italian roasting spices and old bread (toasted and/or fried in olive oil – or just toasted under the broiler with a bit of olive oil on top).
- Serve with Butternut or Pumpkin Soup