|Curried Cauliflower Fritter|
Recipe Type: Side Dish
The original recipe calls for roasting the cauliflower. For me, if I took the time to roast cauliflower it is just so delicious that I would have to eat it immediately, so to hasten the prep time I just steam or boil and drain the vegetable. Also I totally use stove top rather than baking at 400 degrees for an hour as called for by the original recipe. I require more instant gratification. Smile!!!!!
- 1 head cauliflower (1 1/2 lbs) Cheddar preferred, trimmed and chopped
- 1 T olive oil or less
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1 T curry powder or more to taste
- *While the cauliflower is steaming whisk the coconut milk and flour until smooth and add salt (1 t) and pepper to taste—will be like pancake batter.
- *When the cauliflower has softened but not mushy toss it in a bowl with the curry and then fold it into the flour mixture.
- *Heat the oil in a 10 inch non-stick saute pan and add the batter and gently smooth it over the entire pan. Use 2 smaller pans if flipping a 10’’ pancake is not your thing.
- *Cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes until a firm golden brown crust is formed. Carefully slide the fritter on to a large platter and deftly flip it back into the skillet. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- *Return to the platter and serve immediately. The resulting ‘fritter,’ ‘flat bread’ or ‘pancake’ has become a luscious comfort food favorite for me and my family.