|Minted Zucchini Salad|
Recipe Type: Side Dish
Minted Zucchini Salad (Gourmet Magazine, August 1999) http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/MINTED-ZUCCHINI-SALAD-101998
- 1 tomato
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin
- olive oil
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh flat-leafed parsley leaves
- 3 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Cut tomato into 1/4-inch dice and transfer to a small bowl.
- In another small bowl whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a food processor finely chop mint and parsley.
- Replace chopping blade with shredding disk and shred zucchini over herbs.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Drizzle three fourths vinaigrette over zucchini and toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour off any juices from diced tomato and toss tomato with remaining vinaigrette and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide zucchini salad among 4 plates, mounding it, and make an indentation in center of each mound.
- Fill indentations with tomatoes and garnish with mint.