|Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad|
Recipe Type: Side Dish
Adapted from a recipe by Martha Rose Shulman: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=663074
- 2 cups redskin potatoes, cut into uniform chunks (about 10 ounces)
- 2 cups all red potatoes, cut into uniform chunks (about 10 ounces)
- 2 cups purple potatoes, cut into uniform chunks (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3 hard-cooked large eggs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook on medium/low for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool slightly. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add onion, parsley, dill, chives, and eggs to bowl; toss gently.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss gently to combine. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.