|Roast Chicken with Balsamic Peaches|
Recipe Type: Main Dish
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 peaches, quartered (peeled, if desired)
- 4 small shallots, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 400° F. Rinse the chicken inside and out and pat it
- dry with paper towels. Rub the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the oil
- and season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the
- pepper. Place in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the peaches, shallots, vinegar, thyme, and
- the remaining oil, salt, and pepper. Scatter the peach mixture around
- the chicken. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and a thigh
- registers 180° F on a meat thermometer, about 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with the peaches and pan sauce.