|Strawberry Angel Food Cake|
Recipe Type: Dessert
When I was growing up my mother used to make a cake for my birthday that I thought was the best thing I’d ever tasted. It’s easy to make, very tasty and will appeal to all ages. The ingredients are approximate so you’ll have to experiment with the amounts.
- 1 Angel food cake
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sugar and vanilla to taste
- Strawberries, washed, dried, hulled, and cut into quarters
- First, dig out the center of the angel food cake to that you have a groove running all around the inside of the ring. Keep the cake bits to replace the top after you fill the cake.
- Wash and cut the strawberries, but leave about 8-10 intact to use as a garnish.
- Whip the cream until it holds a stiff peak; add vanilla and sugar to taste. Then fold the strawberry pieces into the whipped cream and fill the hole in the angel food cake ring; you can replace the cake top pieces if you wish. Then, frost the entire cake with the remainder of the cream and strawberry mixture, and garnish the top with the whole berries. Refrigerate until serving.