|Strawberry Spinach Salad|
Recipe Type: Salad
Adapted by Lauren Feldman from a recipe from COOKS.COM This is one of Lauren’s family’s favorite recipes for spring
- 2-3 bunches fresh spinach (approximately 1½ – 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 – 2 pints sliced strawberries
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Wash and tear fresh spinach into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine dressing ingredients, mix well and add to the spinach; allow to rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- This will cause the spinach to wilt a bit, which is desired.
- Add the freshly sliced strawberries just before serving (if they are added before the spinach/dressing mixture is allowed to rest in the fridge they will become mushy).
- Alternately, if you prefer your spinach crunchy, you can toss and serve immediately.