Strawberry Spinach Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Adapted by Lauren Feldman from a recipe from COOKS.COM This is one of Lauren’s family’s favorite recipes for spring
- 2-3 bunches fresh spinach (approximately 1½ – 2 pounds)
- 1½ - 2 pints sliced strawberries
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1½ tsp. minced onion
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ½ c. oil
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Wash and tear fresh spinach into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine dressing ingredients, mix well and add to the spinach; allow to rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- This will cause the spinach to wilt a bit, which is desired.
- Add the freshly sliced strawberries just before serving (if they are added before the spinach/dressing mixture is allowed to rest in the fridge they will become mushy).
- Alternately, if you prefer your spinach crunchy, you can toss and serve immediately.