|Tomato and Pepper Salsa|
Recipe Type: Condiment
This recipe is very easy. You can put it on just about anything. It’s great over grilled chicken or on burgers (particularly lamb burgers with goat cheese), even with sautéed shrimp. The flavors of the tomatoes and peppers shine in this salsa, put ones you like!
- 2 cups of tomatoes
- 1 cup peppers
- –Whatever peppers or tomatoes you like can be used. If you like something spicy, use jalapeño or habanero peppers. Some tart or something sweet? Play with your tomato choices –cherry tomatoes sliced in half or diced heirlooms, you can’t go wrong. Slice them however you like.
- 1tsp. lemon juice –other other acid –red wine or cider vinegar works as well
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Grated lemon rind (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Diced parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil on high, add peppers.
- Saute until soft.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and lemon juice (or other acid).
- Stir constantly until tomatoes begin to soften.
- If using grated lemon, stir in.
- Stir until you like the consistency, maybe 3-8 minutes depending on how thick you’d like it. Serve immediately.