|Mediterranean-Style Cashew-Cucumber Dip|
Recipe Type: Snack
- 1lb seedless cucumber, peeled and grated (about 1 2/3 cup, loosely packed)
- 1 cup raw cashews (5 ounces)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (optional)
- A few kalamata olives, for garnish
- Squeeze handfuls of grated cucumber over a medium-size bowl to remove as much juice as possible. You can do this also by wrapping the grated cucumber in a cheesecloth or heavy-duty paper towel. Set aside the juice and place the squeezed cucumber in a large bowl.
- Combine the cashews, lemon juice, half the grated cucumber, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Blend until creamy, scraping the sides of the processor bowl frequently. Add 1 to 3 tablespoons of reserved cucumber juice to the sauce. The final consistency should resemble a not-too-think hummus. Scrape into a medium-size bowl and stir in the remaining grated cucumber and chopped dill.
- Cover and chill until ready to use. If serving alone, garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a few kalamata olives, if desired.