|Asian-Style Cole Slaw|
Recipe Type: Salad
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 3 ounces snow peas or tender green beans, stringed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dark (Asian) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl (can be prepared 6 hours ahead). Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine vinegar, mustard and ginger in small bowl; stir until mustard and ginger dissolve. Gradually mix in both oils and soy sauce. Pour dressing over salad; toss to blend. Season to taste with pepper (and salt, if needed, but it probably won’t be).