|Basic Basil Pesto|
- 2 cups washed and picked leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ¼ cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 large cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use either a blender or a food processor and whip the garlic and nuts with about half of the oil, until thoroughly blended.
- Then add the basil and the rest of the oil and blend.
- Add freshly ground pepper and a SMALL amount of salt, since the cheese is very salty. The final step is to blend the cheese into the sauce and use.