Recipe Type: Drink
This infusion is fabulously refreshing in summer coolers and minimalist Martinis. (http://www.epicurean.com/articles/vodka-infusions.html)
- 1 cup English (hothouse) cucumber, sliced
- One 750-ml bottle good-quality vodka
- Place the cucumber in a large glass container, add the vodka, and cap tightly.
- Let stand at room temperature for 3 weeks, shaking gently every couple of days.
- Taste for the preferred flavor intensity, allowing it to infuse for up to another week if needed. (Do not allow it to infuse any longer than 2 weeks, or a bitter flavor will result.)
- Strain the infused vodka into the original bottle.
- Cap tightly, label, and refrigerate until ready to serve.