|German Apple Cake|
Recipe Type: Dessert
From North Star Orchard! Freezes well.
- 3 eggs
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c sugar
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 c thinly sliced, peeled apples (about 4 large apples)
- 1 c walnuts, chopped
- Grease and flour a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- Beat eggs, oil and vanilla until foamy. Add sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; blend well.
- Stir in apples and nuts. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 300 degrees 1 hour, or until crusty on top. Toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
- Note: Excellent with cream cheese frosting.