- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 15-ounce can pumpkin puree or a scant 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- A few fresh sage leaves and a few sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- A good pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2–2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with 1 pound al dente linguini pasta, or any cooked pasta you like
- Well-browned ground Italian sausage
- Goat cheese crumbles
- Toasted pine nuts
- Red pepper flakes
- To make the sauce, in a medium saucepan heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook gently until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and chopped herbs.
- Increase heat to medium and add all of the spices. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chicken stock and allow to simmer for 10 minutes until thickened to your desired sauce consistency. Add more stock as you see fit. Taste and season with salt and pepper (and even more spices) to your taste.
- Toss boiled pasta in the warm sauce. To serve, top with sausage or sausage alternative, goat cheese crumbled (or parmesan), toasted pine nuts (or any kind of crunch) and chopped parsley.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 10/20:
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Pumpkin available from Blueberry Farm
-Pumpkin available from Clifford Family Farm
-Sausage available from Lindenhof Farm