As published at https://food52.com/recipes/80591-gaby-dalkin-s-shaved-brussels-sprouts-and-bacon-pizza?epik=dj0yJnU9dDNFQ2hQWjVPTWR3cjZkeG05eUVjcnhxaG9DRmZjU2kmcD0wJm49ZEh5UDFXV1haeV9qZ0d6Ui1IRkNuUSZ0PUFBQUFBR0Y4Wldz
- 1 pinch all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pound (455g) pizza dough
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pinch kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 cups (220 g) shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 cup shaved Brussels sprouts, plus more for garnish
- 4 strips applewood-smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 475 F (275 C). Lightly flour a rimless baking sheet or pizza peel.
- On a clean, floured surface, shape the dough into 2 medium-ish rounds. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes, then re-form it to make sure it’s as big as you’d like it to be. Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet or pizza peel.
- Spread the oil over the top of each pizza and sprinkle with the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Top the pizzas with the shredded cheese and scatter the shredded Brussels sprouts and bacon on top of the cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese is fully melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and adjust the salt and pepper as needed. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, some shredded Brussels sprouts, and the chives and serve.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 11/3:
-Garlic, brussels sprouts available from Blueberry Farm
-Garlic, brussels sprouts available from Clifford Family Farm
-Flour available from Deer Creek Malthouse
-Bacon available from Lindenhof Farm