- 3 tea bags black tea
- 3 cup water
- 8 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 medium cinnamon sticks plus more for garnish
- 12 whole cloves
- 3 cups whole cranberries for garnish
- 2 large navel oranges cut into very thin slices for garnish
- In a small saucepan boil the water and add the tea bags. Return to a boil and remove from the burner to steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the apple cider, cranberry juice, and orange juice into the slow cooker.
- Add the steeped tea and sugar to the crock pot. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the whole cinnamon sticks and whole cloves to the crock pot. Cover and heat on high for 2 to 4 hours.
- Before serving remove the whole cloves and cinnamon sticks from the slow cooker.
- Add 3 cups of cranberries to the slow cooker. Arrange the orange slices and a couple of cinnamon sticks on top of the whole cranberries for garnish.
- Serve in a mug with whole cranberries, a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick.
- Makes 12 servings.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 12/11:
-Apple cider available from North Star Orchard