- 3 large spring onions
- 6 Tbps melted salted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon whole milk
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- dash freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the bulbs of the onions from the green parts and slice the bulbs in thirds lengthwise. Toss with 2 tablespoon of the melted butter in a large cast iron skillet and spread evenly along the bottom of the skillet. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Until onions are nice and brown.
- Meanwhile, make your batter. Whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Whisk the milk and 1 ½ tablespoon of the melted butter into the eggs and then whisk this mixture into the flour mixture. Stir in dill and parsley.
- When the onions are browned, remove skillet from oven reduce the temperature to 425 degrees F. While the skillet is still hot, pour the remaining 2 ½ tablespoon of melted butter into the skillet. Quickly swirl to coat the bottom and pour the batter into the skillet. Return to the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the green part of your spring onions to get 2 tablespoon for topping. When the dutch baby is cooked, carefully remove the skillet and top with the sliced green onion, crumbled goat cheese, and season with freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 6/1:
-Goat cheese available from Amazing Acres
-Spring onions available from Blueberry Hill
-Eggs available from Lindenhof Farm