- 16 ounces 16 ounces precooked shredded potatoes or frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 1 ¾ cups 1 3/4 cups liquid egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters, or 8 eggs, beaten, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup finely diced smoked ham
- ¾ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup minced fresh chives
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- If using hash browns, squeeze any excess moisture from the thawed potatoes. Toss shredded potatoes (or hash browns) with 1/4 cup egg substitute, flour, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Pat the mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the prepared springform pan. Bake until the potatoes are beginning to brown at the edges, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Fill the crust with broccoli, cheese and ham. Whisk the remaining 1 1/2 cups egg substitute, sour cream, chives and pepper in a medium bowl. Place the pan on the prepared baking sheet and pour the egg mixture over the filling.
- Bake the quiche until the center is just set, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen the sides, remove the pan sides and cut the quiche into wedges.
Ingredients available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 10/28:
-Broccoli available from Blueberry Hill Farm
-Cheddar available from Conebella
-Eggs and ham available from Lindenhof Farm
-Broccoli available from North Star