As published at https://www.shelovesbiscotti.com/traditional-quebec-maple-syrup-poached-eggs/
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg room temperature, variable, depending on the number of servings required
- Whisk together the maple syrup and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Crack the room temperature egg in a bowl and then just slip it into the simmering maple syrup (A soft poached egg will be ready in just 3 minutes, but you can let it go for another minute or so if you prefer firmer poached eggs).
- With a slotted spoon, remove the poached egg and serve immediately.
- Repeat the process for another egg.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 3/13:
-Eggs available from Lindenhof Farm
-Maple syrup available from Ridge Valley Farm