As published at https://feastandfarm.com/honey-sweetened-raspberry-fool-dessert/
For the Berry Sauce
- 12 ounces raspberries frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a small sauce pan add the berries, lemon juice and honey. Stir and bring to a slow simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally until berries break down and the sauce thickens–about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Set sauce aside to cool. This may take an hour or so.
- To make the whipped cream, place the cream in a bowl large enough to hold double the amount of cream.
- Add the vanilla and beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer on high 3 to 4 minutes until starting to bubble and thicken slightly.
- Add the honey and continue to beat until stiff peaks form–another 4 or so minutes depending on how strong your mixer is. If your berries are cooled to room temp, you can assemble your fools.
How to assemble:
- In small bowls or 1-cup jars, add 1/2 teapoon of berry sauce to the bottom of your jar. Alternate with a tablespoon or so of cream, then more berry sauce and cream until the jar is full.
- Swirl the mixture a couple of times with knife, but don’t blend it together. Streaks are supposed to show! Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 7/6:
–Raspberries available from Blueberry Hill Farm
-Honey available from New Bee Ranch