Recipe from Eric of Crusty Delight, inspired by a New York Times recipe
- Crusty Delight pizza dough
- Forgedale Fungi mushrooms
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian sausage
Note: Cracker thin skins are the key to Chicago style thin crust pizza.
- Using a rolling pin roll out Crusty Delight sourdough pizza dough until it is cracker thin using plenty of flour. Transfer pizza skins to a tray, separated by parchment paper. Allow to dehydrate in fridge for at least one hour. To ease handling roll up on a rolling pin when transferring to tray. You can make multiple skins so long as each is separated by parchment.
- Preheat pizza stone to 500.
- Remove Italian sausage from casing and sauté.
- Lay skin on pizza peel.
- Spread thin layer of pizza sauce up to the edge.
- Spread mozzarella and Parmesan\
- Spread giardiniera (pickled vegetable condiment).
- Spread cooked sausage.
- Spread thinly sliced Forgedale Fungi oyster mushrooms.
- Cook minimum of 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Cut with kitchen shears.
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 4/5:
-Mozzarella cheese available from Conebella Farm
-Pizza dough available from Crusty Delight
–Mushrooms available from Foregdale Fungi
-Sausage available from Lindenhof Farm
-Giardiniera available from New Road Brinery