SPICY CHEDDAR AND APPLE FALL VEGGIE SANDWICH
- 2 slices of sourdough bread (or your favorite bread!)
- 1-2 ounces sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 10 slices pickled jalapeños
- 5-6 thin slices of red onion
- ¼ honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup kettle potato chips
- ¼ cup arugula
- Place both slices of bread on a small baking sheet and broil on high in the oven for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned. (Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn!)
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the sliced bread over. Cover only one piece of bread with sliced cheddar cheese, then return the pan to the broiler for another 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven and top the melted cheese slice with pickled jalapeños. Spread the plain slice of bread with dijon mustard, then drizzle on honey. Top with apple slices, red onion, arugula, and kettle chips.
- Carefully close the sandwich and gently press down until the chips crunch. Slice in half and enjoy!
Available at the Oakmont Farmer’s Market 9/6:
-Cheddar cheese available from Conebella Farm
-Sourdough bread available from Crusty Delight
-Honey available from New-Bee Ranch
-Apples available from North Star Orchard
-Arugula, jalapeños, and red onions available from Salvaterra’s Gardens